Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Thursday, May 29, 2008

The World Upside Down

I don't know what kind of world I'm living in today when I find myself defending Hillary Clinton, and yet, here I am.

The RFK thing. Ok, it was stupid thing for her to say, but she didn't mean anything by it, other than, hey, you never know what's going to happen, so, she's going to stay in to the bitter end. She was not insulting the Kennedey's, nor was she advocating any harm to Obama, it was simply a faux paux, but come on, after saying that he's been in 57 states, with 3 more that he hasn't visited, and proving that he doesn't even care enough to get his own family history right, I don't think anyone in his camp has anything to say about that.

On another topic, I heard a caller on a local radio talk show this week ask the question that if, during the term of the next President, it came about that, as a last resort, they had to drop an atomic bomb on Iran, who do you think would do it. The consensus among the 4 people who were in the studio that day, was that John McCain was the only one who would do it.

I can't believe that I have to tell you how much I disagree with this. Given this horrid, doomsday scenario, I'll give you my take. To me, it's obvious that Obama wouldn't be able to make that call because he's a wimp. McCain would never do it because he's seen the horrors of war, and simply wouldn't be able to give such an order. Now, to be clear, I don't think that this is something to base your vote on, but honestly, if you're trying to figure out who has the chutzpah to push that button, it's Hillary Clinton. Does anyone out there really doubt that she would nuke millions of people if she felt she had no other choice?

So, was that second point defending Hillary or not? I'm really not sure.

No comments: