Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Monday, May 12, 2008

Chocolate Skittles

I don't know if you've heard of them, but I was in Wal-Mart this morning and saw a package of Chocolate Skittles. I know that I'm working hard on loosing weight, but I still had to see if they were any good. A somewhat odd compulsion for me, being that I really don't care for regular Skittles. Anyway, I went ahead and bought a bag of them, but don't worry, I didn't eat them all, I just got a few to taste.

My impression of them is that they are great. They pretty much the same consistency as regular Skittles, maybe just a tad more jelly-bean like, but they taste great. There are five flavors in each bag; Brownie Batter, Chocolate Pudding, Chocolate Caramel, Smores, and Vanilla (No, I can't explain that.) In my opinion the Brownie batter, which is the darkest colored of the flavors, is the best, but they are all quite good.

I looked around a little and honestly, they have been getting pretty poor reviews on most of the candy review sites, but I guess that just goes to show you that the people that do the candy reviews on the Internet must be taste bud deficient.

I hope you'll all do yourselves a favor and try some of these. I put the rest of the bag in a seal able candy dish, so that they can last as long as they need to. It will be nice for both of us to be able to have just one little taste of Chocolate from time to time.

Go ahead and try time, I think you'll like them.

3 comments:

Gary Durbin said...

I am a big skittles fan, but I am very skeptical of the chocolate. I'll have to give them a try.

Matt W. said...

That's kinda funny. I'm not a skittles fan at all really, but I thought these were really good. Yeah, I'd say give them a try, but don't expect them to be too much like regular skittles.

Gary Durbin said...

thanks for the skittles. I'm think I'm a traditionalist when it comes to skittles. I still prefer the original, but thanks for opening my horizons. see ya.