Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Thursday, May 22, 2008

If Only I Still Cared

This has become a very interesting Presidential election season for me. For the first time since I was old enough to vote I can sit back and watch the two major parties, and analyze the entire event, unbiased as far as who wins or looses. The simple fact is, I don't care at this point, I really don't think it matters. I no longer have a dog in this fight.

Honestly, if the GOP had a good, strong, reliable Conservative as a candidate, I would be positively excited about Barack Obama becoming the Democratic Nominee, in fact, little would make me happier, because a strong Republican who was willing to stand up and fight for the American people, and do what's right, would crush a lightweight like Obama. I don't know that McCain will or won't defeat Obama, but I'm not sure it matters.

It's interesting to me that there is such a huge push for Hillary Clinton to get out of the race. From an objective viewpoint, she is, by far, the stronger candidate for the Democrats, and, if nominated, would stand a pretty good chance against McCain, and yet, the Democrat Party elites seem to want to run her out of town on a rail. Don't misunderstand, I don't think she would be a good President, this is just my own, personal, political analysis here, and I think the Democrats are making a mistake if they don't make Hillary the nominee. But that's ok, Democrats, make mistakes all day long, that won't hurt my feelings at all.

Indications seem to be that the Democrats will keep a majority in both houses of Congress, possibly a bigger majority than what they have now, so, even a good President might be irrelevant at this point. Of course, you have to wonder, how much of the Democratic gains in Congress are media driven? I would guess quite a bit, being how far left most of the media in this country are. After all, McCain and Obama both are media driven Candidates. Without all the love they got from the media throughout their respective primaries, McCain would not be the GOP nominee, and Obama would be a footnote on this election cycle, and not a major player.

To those Republicans who feel that they have to vote for McCain because he's not quite as bad as Clinton or Obama, well, you do what you feel you need to do, and when I settle on a Third Party Candidate to cast my vote for, I'll post it here so you can see what I've decided, but regardless of what you decide in the Presidential elections, when it comes to Congress and State and Local elections, take a good hard look at the various Candidates and find the one who will do the best job, because these are important races where the American people can still win.

No comments: