Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Saturday, May 3, 2008

The Interview

OK, show of hands, how many of you saw that Hillary Clinton Interview with Bill O'Reilly on Fox News?


But seriously, I have to say, this was a great interview, and I think that Hillary did herself a world of good by going on the O'Reilly Factor.


First, if you've read anything here before you know that I'll never be swayed to vote for Hillary, nor will anyone of my political stripe, so it would be grossly unfair for me to say that she didn't win my vote and therefore she gave a bad interview. The fact is that I think she really had a winning interview here.


Now, I don't agree with much of anything that she had to say, but she still said it very well. The questions were tough, which I would expect from O'Reilly, but she was ready for them, obviously she had some good help in preparing for this interview. She was very quick and came across as very intelligent, and very strong. She also had a nearly playful quality in this instance, which probably shows something of the human side of her that democrats have been looking for in her.


I really think that Democrats in the states that still have primaries to vote in could very well be swayed by the performance that she gave here. The back and forth between her and O'Reilly was entertaining and enjoyable, even for a Conservative like me.


There were a couple of places where Bill let her off on some questions that he probably should have followed up a little more, but at the same time, I can understand that time was limited and he had a lot of things that he wanted to get to while he had her there, so he chose to move on rather than keep up the spar.


O'Reilly called this the greatest interview ever aired on TV. While that might be a tad conceited, I have to say that in my opinion, it ranks right up there.


I honestly think that she has validated her decision to stay in the race.


Now, obviously I don't say any of this to praise the woman, I think that she would be a terrible President, nor do I think too much of her as a Senator, but I have to be fair and say, she did herself a lot of good in the interview and came off very well. I also think that, without saying it in literal words, she has laid out a very good case why she should be the Democratic nominee, and not Barack Obama.


I can't really believe I'm going to say this, but good work Hillary Clinton.

No comments: