Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Two Things You Won't See

There are two things you won't see on my blog.

First of all, you won't see me rejoicing that Teddy Kennedy has been diagnosed with Brain Cancer. First of all, I am sad for his family for this news, and besides, it's never a good thing when someone gets news like that, no matter what you think of them.

Honestly, I haven't gone looking, but I have to imagine that there are some people out there really celebrating this news, but I'm not one of them. Also, this is not something that Conservatives or right wingers generally engage in on anywhere near the scale that the left does.

The second thing that you won't find me doing is something that you will find a lot of prominent Republicans doing, and that is singing Ted's praises, and celebrating his long career in the Senate. I mean, come on, this guy has worked harder than anyone else in Government service to destroy our country, I'm not going to praise that.

You see, it is possible to have sympathy for his family, and even for him, without abandoning everything you stand for and making it sound like he's a hero. He's not.

You would expect him to be praised by the media, and by the other Democrats and far left crowd, but it was a little strange to see so much of it coming from the GOP. Frankly, it was a little disheartening to see just how little principles mean to those Republicans that have been praising Kennedy.

So, you won't see those two things here.

No comments: