Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Thursday, May 1, 2008

So Obvious

Ok, I know that I have been having some trouble keeping up with putting new posts up on my blog lately, and I have been deliberately not ranting all the time about politics, but something is going on right now that I simply can't sit back and ignore.

I'm sure that we are all aware of everything that has been going on with Obama and Rev Wright, in fact, when the story broke, I had some things to say about it here on my blog.

In the past few days Wright has come back and started saying loads of ridiculous and insulting things, and Obama is acting all angry and denouncing him. I guess the big part of this story though, is the number of people who are buying into the story. I'm not at all surprised that all the liberals in the media have decided to take it all at face value, they don't want to do or say anything that could even slightly cast Obama in a bad light. It is a little funny to see all those liberals trying to defend Wright and then Obama turns around and throws him under the bus.

Anyway, the part that surprises me is all the Conservative to Moderate people, who do not have a vested interest in Obama doing well, who are also taking things at face value.

When I got home from work this morning I mentioned it to my wife and asked her if I was the only person who saw this for what it really was. That this whole thing is obviously contrived, and that Wright is not, as some say, deliberately trying to hurt Obama, but is being as outrageous as possible just so that Obama can distance himself from him. They are clearly in cahoots. It is so glaringly obvious to me, that I totally don't understand how other people aren't getting this. I did feel better, though, when my wife said that she had just told someone else that yesterday, so at least I'm not the only one that saw it. I figure that there must be a lot of other people who understand this just as well as I do, they just haven't gotten it through to those who have a louder voice yet.

I think that the one that surprised me most of all was Mark Levin. Of all the Conservative commentators that I know of, I fully expected that he would see through it. Of course, maybe he came around last night, I won't know until I listen to the podcast of yesterdays show tonight, but I thought he would have come to this much earlier on.

Personally, I try to be careful about taking anyone, or anything, politically speaking, at face value. I tend not to be so suspicious or critical in my personal life.

2 comments:

Christinewjc said...

Hi Matt,

I have taken a bit of a different view on this. It seems that Obama tried to distance himself from Wright's rhetoric at first, but not from the man. The controversy seemed to be settling down. Then, Wright came out and spewed even more terrible rhetoric at the National Press Club event. Did you notice his threat against Obama? He said something like, "and if you become president, then I'm coming after YOU!"

I have been trying to analyze this. One thing that has helped me is reading about Obama in WorldNetDaily's Whistleblower publication. I wrote about it here. Read Chastain's article! It revealed so much about Obama's sudden rise to fame. He has had a lot of creepy characters helping him along the way. Sadly, the "Rev." Wright is included in the bunch.

I now think that Wright had a falling out with Obama. Wright attacked Obama personally at that Press Club event. If you view the Youtube video of Obama's retort, for the first time Barack mentions that Wright disgraced (or some similar word) him! Thus, Obama decided to sever all ties with Wright.

I think that up until that point, Wright and all the other sleezy characters who helped Obama rise to fame thought that they had a weak, inexperienced, political pawn that they could "move around the chess board" of politics to gain what THEY wanted. When Obama showed some backbone against Wright, the gloves came off and Wright now doesn't give a hoot about Obama.

But this is just my "conspiracy" opinion. Who really knows what is happening behind those closed, secretive doors of radical liberal politics?

Your analysis here seems just as plausible and may even be the real story!

Matt W. said...

Hey Christine,
I see what you're saying, I just think that that is what they want us to think.
Matt