Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I Got Mine

OK, so I know I've been away from my blog for a while. It's been a crazy week. I've got Jury Duty this week, which I don't mind, but I feel like they are stringing me along. I spent all day Monday at the Courthouse, and then had to call in twice yesterday, and then again at 10AM today, and have to call again at 11:15 AM today, so I'm still in limbo, not knowing what is going on. I still haven't been selected for any given trial, but I'm still in the on call Jury Pool, so, we shall see what happens.

Anyway, at the end of a previous post (Endorsement Train) I told you that you could go to http://www.heritage.org/ to get your free copy of a Pocket Constitution. I also ordered mine that day. It obviously took a little time, but my copy showed up in the mail yesterday afternoon.

It's a pretty neat little booklet too, including The Declaration of Independence, as well as the Constitution. Also, many times if you get a book that includes the Constitution, and even some online sources for it, you'll find that they don't include Amendments. Sometimes they will have the Bill of Rights, but rarely do they include up to date Amendments, which this one does, so that is really cool too. It is also small enough to carry around with you, if you wish to do so.

Most Americans view the Constitution as a somewhat mystical document that you need to be a lawyer to understand, but that is simply not true. The fact is that it was written just so that people like you and I could read and understand it. While it is true that reading some of the supporting documents, such as "The Federalist Papers" can be very helpful in discerning the full intent of the writers, the Constitution itself is in no way cryptic, and is fairly easy to understand.

People not only need to understand that they can understand what the Constitution says, they also need to know that doing so would give them a much greater ability to force elected officials, as well as Government Bureaucrats, to abide by it, nor would special interest groups find the mind of the American people nearly so pliable, nor would they be able to twist the wishes and intents of our Founding Fathers to meet their own ends. This would go a long way toward putting our nation back on the right track.

So, if you haven't done so already, I would encourage you to order your free copy today.

*************

Update:

So, after all that calling and everything, I was released from Jury Service when I called this morning, so at least now I know that I go back to my normal routine.

No comments: