Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Out Of Line

If you have read many of my posts recently then you know that I'm not a big fan of Mike Huckabee. I don't dislike the man personally, but I don't think he would be a particularly good choice for President. However, I do understand James Dobson's point in endorsing him, being that he would be a better choice than John McCain. Fortunately I think that a great many Christians have figured out the truth about him and the votes that he is getting now don't have to do with people thinking that he's a great Christian leader so much as they have to do with him being a marginally better choice than the alternative. So, while I have not been a Huckabee supporter, since he is the only viable candidate left to challenge John McCain, I would like to see him pull out the nomination.

One thing that kind of ticked me off though was seeing that the Governor of Texas has called for Huckabee to drop out of the race. I couldn't beleive that this man had the gall to do that. Apparently he's so afraid that McCain might not win the nomination, that he wants any viable competition to drop out. I think that it is to Huckabee's credit that he refused to do so. I also think that Huckabee's refusal to drop out was justified in his Caucus/Primary victories yesterday. I would like to see the rest of the Republican politicians just shut up and let the people choose who they want to run in the General Election, and not try to make the call for us. Unfortunately, all the good choices have already dropped out of the race, but at least there is still a race going on, and while McCain seems to be a lock, Huckabee could still pull off an upset, we'll just have to wait and see.

I also saw a headline, and I didn't bother to read the article, saying the Huckabee's victories might get in the way of John McCain on his way to the nomination. As if McCain getting the nod really is a lock and Huckabee's victories are just delaying the inevitable. It's sickening how much the liberal press is trying to influence Republicans to vote for their darling Psuedo-Republican candidate. Like the GOP politicians, I would like to see the media shut up and stop trying to tell us who we should vote for. Crazy as it may sound (or not) the press doesn't run the country, nor should they.

I don't know how this is going to turn out, but I do know this, it should be up to registered Republicans, and no one else, to choose who will get the GOP nod, but sadly, thanks to idiot States that have open Primaries, it is already too late for that to happen.

No comments: