Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Just Get Dressed Already

There are some Nudists that are complaining that Sherriff's Deputies are harassing them at a local beach. I'm just a little confused as to how it is harassment when a law enforcement official tells you that you have to put some clothes on in order to be compliant with the law. To me this is just common sense (and maybe that's the problem) that you can't go nude on a public beach. We are talking about an area that is completely open to the general public, where families go for a fun day, and where children are bound to be when they are not in School.

I would think that people would understand that parents don't want their kids exposed to naked people when they are supposed to be just having a good time at the beach. For that matter, I don't want to see naked people sitting around out in public. It's gross, and what's more, it's wrong. But maybe that enters into it also. Relativism. The idea that just because I think it's wrong, doesn't mean that it's wrong for someone else. Of course this is nonsense. I am a firm believer in Absolutes, and I believe it is absolutely wrong to run around in front of people in your birthday suit.

I know that I have seen arguments in the past where people are trying to say that there is nothing wrong with it because they are not ashamed of their bodies. Well, to that I say, who cares, I'm not ashamed of your body either, but I still don't want to see it. For that matter, I'm not ashamed of my body, even if I am fat, but I wouldn't even consider showing it off to other people, even if I wasn't fat. I don't get where this idea comes from. Somebody please explain to me how it is that Christmas trees are offensive, but naked bodies aren't. I'm totally confused.

Of course, maybe they could work something out where they have a judge who sits in a little booth on the beach and decides who is allowed to tromp around in the nude, and who isn't. At least that could serve to make things a little more pleasant for other beach goers. Ok, I'm just kidding. I'm opposed to all forms of public nudity. If we were talking about a private beach, or a designated "Nude Beach" then I wouldn't care, people would know what was going to be going on there before they ever went, but that's just not the case at a public beach.

Basically, I guess I just want to tell these people to shut up, quit griping, and put some stinking clothes on. Nothing to get all bent out of shape about (no pun intended).

To me, there is nothing wrong with the nude human form. In Private. And more specifically, between a Husband and Wife. It just doesn't belong outside of that relationship.

One other thing that the article on this was sure to point out was that the law that was being enforced was 13 years old. *GASP* 13 whole years!?!?! Can they be serious? They are still enforcing a 13 year old law? How did this happen? Who's responsible? Get a grip. I don't even know why they put that in there. Like 13 years is such a long time. How long has murder been against the law? And they still enforce that don't that? Sure they do, as long as the ACLU doesn't have anything to do with it.

I would also think that there would other reasons for not wanting people to go nude on the beach. Our beaches here are pretty loaded up with broken up shells, which I would think would be painful in certain sensitive area's. Not to mention all the little critters that crawl around in the sand. Wouldn't you want a little protection? And all that extra Sun Block!

It never ceases to amaze me the things that people will defend and fight for as a "right." Not caring that there is no basis at all for calling something like this a right. What would you call it, the right to nudity? And where does it derive from? Certainly not the Consititution, I know, I've read it, and even though I don't remember everything, I'm pretty sure I'd remember that: "The right to walk around buck naked shall not be infringed." --Yeah, I don't think so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Right on! Unfortunately, you can see enough nudity in every day life. I'm talking about on TV and even at the office. I see enough cleavage there that it is embarrassing.
Love, Mom