Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Monday, February 4, 2008

Book Review

Last week I read an absolutely phenomenal book, "The Marketing Of Evil: How Radicals, Elitists, and Pseudo-Experts Sell Us Corruption Disguiesed as Freedom" by David Kupelian. First off, I would like to thank Christine over at the TalkWisdom blog for recommending this book to me.

I think that most Christians can easily see quite a bit of the things that are wrong with our culture today. We can even see and know that there is a great deal of evil, which is very prevalent throughout a great deal of our current culture. But did you know that this did not happen by chance? Did you know that much of this is driven by people who have an agenda of thier own, and have sold us on things that just a few short decades ago would have been unimmaginable?

Upon reading this book, even more than the evil that has been clear to me in our culture, there was quite a bit of stuff I hadn't known, and evil which I hadn't considered before, but which is very real none the less.

I strongly recommend this book, as I feel that it is a very important book. More than that though, I really feel that this is a book that all Christians should read, and even more than that, I feel that it is CRITICAL that all parents, and even grandparents, read this book ASAP.

For me personally, for a long time I read a lot of novels, thinking that non-fictions books would be boring to read, however, I have found this not to be true. I started reading non-fiction last year, with "Crazies to the left of me, Wimps to the Right: How One Side Lost It's Mind, and The Other Side Lost It's Nerve," By Bernard Goldberg, and several others since then, and now, I have trouble getting involved in a novel. I find myself far more interested in non-fiction books about important things in daily life. If you haven't tried reading any of this kind of book you should try it. Trust me, you won't believe how great they are, and you can start with "The Marketing of Evil."

As a side note, with tomorrow being Super Tuesday, let me say, we need people to get out and vote, but more than that, we need people to NOT vote for John McCain. We as a nation cannot afford him as President. The fact that the media is building him up, and more than that, the fact that the Ultra-Liberal "New York Times" has endorsed him, should tell you quite conclusively what kind of President he would be.

Also, I appologize if my spelling hasn't been so hot these last few days, as there is something wrong with the blogger Spell Checker at present. Hope I haven't been doing too badly.

No comments: