Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Friday, February 8, 2008

Give Me A Break

Now, regarding the speech that John McCain made to Conservatives yesterday. How is it that the media keeps saying that he accomplished his goal of "reaching out to Conservatives"? I really don't get it at all. If you cut through all of the Political speak, basically, the driving point of the speech was that John McCain did all that he did, and took all the possitions that he took, and that he was not wrong about any of them, but regardless of how those stances may be percieved by Conservatives, it doesn't matter, because he is declaring himself to be conservative enough. Well, gee, thanks John. Now I feel a lot better.

It's good to know that selling out the Republican party under the guise of Campaign Finance Reform, infringing on the free speech rights of countless Americans, and considerably boosting the ability of the ultra-liberal media to affect the outcome of elections, counts as Conservative enough.

It's good to know that selling out the sovereignty of the USA under the guise of Comprehensive Immigration Reform, wanting to give amnesty to tens of millions of people who came here with no regard for our laws or our borders, while giving only token lip service to meaningfully securing the borders, counts as conservative enough.

It's good to know that co-authoring a bill under the guise of fighting against global warming, which would crush the American ecconomy, and destroy the prosperity of, not only the nation as a whole, but also of countless individual Americans, while doing virtually nothing to actually affect polution on a Global scale, counts as Conservative enough.

It's also good to know that many other things, like seriously considering leaving the GOP, considiering being John Kerry's running mate in the 2004 election, and several other things, which you can easily learn about from any number of sources, count as Conservative enough.

Just in case there is any confussion here, I'm not buying it. John McCain is no kind of Conservative, at least not anymore. I don't care if he can talk the talk, when, at least for the last 8 years, he has not walked the walk. He should have at least been honest, he should have gone out there and said, look, I'm not a Conservative, I don't care what you all think, this is what I am, take it or take Hillary Clinton. At least I could have respected his honesty. What he actually did is what is called pandering for votes. He hoped that all of us who are Conservative Republicans would be stupid enough to buy what he was selling. So sorry John, all you did was tick me off for thinking that I'm that stupid.

And as for the Media, I don't know how this has been handled by the mainstream, always liberal media, but I did read an article on Fox News (.com) where they said that McCain went to the Conservative meeting for the purpose of answering attacks by "the Far Right." That's right, the great "Fair and Balanced" Fox News is calling mainstream, grassroots Conservatives, "The Far Right." You have got to be kidding me. They want to lump people like me, who legitimately feel that John McCain is a horrible choice for President, in with the far right, which consists of Neo-Nazis and White Supremacists. This is an obvious attempt to marginalize our legitemate concerns. How very fair and balanced of John McCains cheerleaders... err... I mean, Fox News.

On the end of that article there were some reader comments. Some were good and some were just stupid. There was one that really caught my attention though. One person, who claimed to be in the Military, though there is no way to prove that on an annonymous comment board, said that all of us Civilian "McCain haters" just proved that only Military personel and veterans should be allowed to vote. Wow. What a concept that is. This guy (presumably a guy, the wording didn't feel like something written by a woman) wants to make the USA a Military State. What a great idea, let's toss out the Constitution, forget about all of our freedoms and liberties, and just let the Military run the entire Country. That has worked so well in bring freedom to all the other Countries around the world where it has been tried... or not. Adimittedly, this was just a comment by one moron who claimed to be in the Military, but it really stuck in my craw. Let me say that our Military, by and large, is awesome, full of wonderful people, who are Patriots of the highest order, and really understand what it is that they are fighting for, but this guy is a moron. Besides, a strong military is one of the best servants that any nation could have, but will ALWAYS make a fearful master, which is why this guy is such a MORON!

All that being said, let me just assure you, I will talk about something other than John McCain one of these days, so stick with me.

2 comments:

Christinewjc said...

Hey Matt,

It's O.K. if you want to sound off about McCain. I linked to your last post in my recent blog post at Talk Wisdom.

I know that you don't care much for Huckabee either. But he would be better than McCain.

Did you hear the latest? It appears that the Democratic candidate nominations race between Shrillery and Obama-rama-ding-dong is about to implode! I'm ready for the fireworks to begin!

We shall see who is standing in the aftermath of that explosion!

Meanwhile, sit back, enjoy the battle and pass the popcorn!

Matt W. said...

Christine, thanks for the comment, and for the link.

You are correct that Huckabee would be better than McCain, but only marginally so. Enough that I would vote for him in the General Election? I'd have to think about that... but if he should happen to get the nod, I will think about it. McCain I will not vote for, which I think I've made pretty clear.

I haven't paid much attention to the dems in the past couple of days, so I'll have to pay a little more attention to see just how badly Hillary goes after Obama, and if he's got the stuff to come back at her.

Either way, it will be entertaining... err... interesting.