Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Monday, January 7, 2008

uuggghhh

Ok, so I watched the ABC and FoxNews debates this morning on my DVR, for the Republicans anyway. I have to say that all of the candidates performed very well. Of course, I have seen some reviews of the debates and they have panned Fred Thompson hard, leaving me to question if these people were watching the same debate that I was. In my opinion I would have to say that Fred Thompson won the debates. I thought he came across as clear, concise, intelligent, honest, and very Presidential. As much as I like Mike Huckabee (or at least want to like him) I think he came across as kinda slick, and trying to be funny at inappropriate times. Still he did a pretty good job too.

Once again we saw Giuliani defending his liberal policies, and trying to convince us that he really is a Conservative Republican, but, I think we already know better. Of course when the moderator brought up his going off to see his girlfriend, while still married, and providing taxpayer funded security for her, he blew it off, citing the New York Times as a source for saying that nothing inappropriate had been done. Pretty much tells you whatever you need to know when a Republican is citing the New York Times as a defence for things they have done.

Mitt Romney did ok, but it was surprising to me they way that all the other candidates were ganging up on him. Of course, in the ABC debate Ron Paul was there to take some heat off of him, drawing the fire away as it were. Of course, it gave him a lot of face time trying to defend himself against all the ganging up, so it was probably a good thing for him.

I know that some people, even some whom I respect, think that John McCain has learned his lesson with the Illegal immigration amnesty garbage, but I'm not so sure, and I really still don't trust him, nor do I think he has a shot.

For me, as I said before, Fred Thompson won this debate, and while I don't know for sure, I have to say that I'm thinking that I'm about 70% sure that I'll vote for Thompson in the Primary. This could change of course, especially with time, reflection, and, most importantly, prayer.

No comments: