Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Now What?

Well, I had settled on Fred Thompson as the guy to vote for in the Primary next week, and today he dropped out of the race. If this had happened some time ago I probably would have just voted for Duncan Hunter, but he dropped out a week or so ago.

So, now what? Still can't vote for Giuliani. He's pro baby murder, and that's a deal breaker in my book.

McCain has been making a strong showing, but I still don't trust him. I am starting to wonder if I might have been wrong about him not having a shot, but I still don't trust him. I respect him and his service to our country, but I also recognize how often he has pandered to the far left. Collaborating on bills with ultra liberal Senators just to say he got something done. Some believe that the utter defeat of his horrid immigration reform bill woke him up, but I'm not so sure. To me he seems like he has become a lifetime politician and professional panderer, rather than a strong Republican leader. Did I mention that I really don't trust him?

I'm not sure if I can trust Romney either, but perhaps I trust him more than McCain. I can't be sure. I do believe that someone can have a sincere change of heart on some issues, so, is that what happened with Mitt, or is he simply a flip flopper? I don't know for sure.

I absolutely do not trust Huckabee. If you've read here before you will know that I really wanted to like the guy and was really easy on him for a long time, but the fact is that he's a lifetime politician too. He likes to tout his religious background, but several of the comments that I have heard him make in that regard have been flat out offensive to me. I still haven't figured out how more Christians haven't seen through the guy yet. Hopefully with time they will.

And the only other person still in the race is Ron Paul. At least I trust him to do what he says. I do believe he is being completely honest. I don't know that there's much more that I haven't said about him in the past, but at least he's trustworthy, which is more than can be said for most of the others.

So now, what to do? I will go and vote fore someone, I just can't be sure who at this point. I still can't see it being Ron Paul, and it certainly won't be Giuliani, McCain or Huckabee, so I guess that leaves Mitt Romney at this point, and I'm not sure how comfortable I am with that.

On the subject of Mitt Romney, why is it that the media keeps trying to count the guy out? I know he hasn't made a clean sweep or anything, but he leads the delegate count by a ton at this point in the race. He nearly doubles his closest competitor, McCain, in number of delegates won up to this point. So I'm not sure how they can say his day is past. I guess it's more of that prediction stuff.

Why is it that there are no strong leaders to come out and take a commanding lead in this race? Why do we get stuck with the rif-raff right from the get go? Is this sorry lot what it has really come to in American Presidential Politics? I guess it is, and what truly sad state of affairs that is indeed.

No comments: