Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Movies

Saturday morning we took the kids to see the new Alvin and the Chipmunks movie. Very cute, I only slept through about 10 to 15 minutes of it, though that's really no reflection on the movie, it's because I didn't take a nap when I got home from work Saturday Morning before we took the kids to the movie. Anyway, it was very cute, and the kids loved it. (Christine, if you're reading this, I think I picked out your daughter, but that scene moved so fast that I'm not 100% certain.) According to my Son, it was "Radical!" We also saw some previews for some upcoming movies that show some promise. The new Dr. Seuss movie, "Horton Hears a Who" looks to be a real treat for the kids, and probably one that adults can enjoy also. In addition, "Kung Fu Panda" looked like it might be pretty funny... if weird.

Last night my wife and I went to see the new National Treasure movie, "Book of Secrets" which we really enjoyed. Of course there were several parts that you have to just accept at face value, since they would be 100% impossible for anyone to pull off, but I think they made the movie expecting people to accept those impossibilities and move on, but those parts somehow seemed to make the movie even more enjoyable. Of course there was reference in the movie to what is on page 47 of the Book of Secrets, but we never find out, which kind of left us scratching our heads, so this morning I went to www.google.com and simply searched for "page 47" and the first thing that came up was a story about setting up a third National Treasure movie, which is exactly what I figured when the movie ended last night. This is ok with me, as long as they don't start making the movies silly, as sometimes happens when you get into series of movies, but as long as they keep them good I will be happy, since these are movies that I really enjoy, or at least, have enjoyed so far.

I know that from this post it seems that we must go to the movies all the time, but that's not the case. This happens to be a lot of movies in a short time for us. I enjoy movies and would like to go on a regular basis, but it will probably be awhile before we get a chance to see another one. Of course, being parents, most of the movies we get to see end up being kids movies, but that's ok too, because most of the kids movies these days are pretty high quality, enjoyable stories that parents enjoy almost as much as the kids do.

Of course, for me, I'm hoping that I get the chance to see the new Rambo movie, which, if it's as good as the other three, will be a great movie to see, even if I have to wait for DVD.

Now, on to other matters, I'm sure you all knew I couldn't leave this alone. The New Hampshire primary is going on today, so, once we learn who wins it, I imagine I'll be talking a little about that tomorrow.

Also, something else that should be upcoming here, I am looking for information on the insurance companies that are actively screwing over the citizens of Florida (and probably some of the Gulf states) in the aftermath of the 2004/2005 Hurricane Seasons and what we, as the people, can do about it, and not just the people of Florida, but everyone can help, so stay tuned.

1 comment:

Christinewjc said...

Hi Matt!

Finally got over here again to read your postings. I've been kept quite busy lately with my blog and Digg friends sending me "shouts."

How funny...you fell asleep for part of the "Chipmunks" movie!

Yes. I heard that my daughter appears on screen for about 30 seconds...easy to miss it.

I'm such a bad mom. Haven't gotten to the theater to see my own daughter in "Alvin" yet! Shame on me! My daughter, husband, and I were planning on going several times over the holidays...just didn't get there yet.

I really liked the first "National Treasure" movie. I was glad to read that you and your wife really enjoyed it! I need to get my husband to see it with me...but I might have to wait till after the SuperBowl. The Chargers are still in the running...yay!