Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Wasilla Bible Church

I had seen a few supposed news stories that talked about Governor Sarah Palin's Church, the Wasilla Bible Church, in Wasilla Alaska. I only phrased it that way because it's how you'll find it in the news media, but it would be more accurate to say, the Local Church where Sarah Palin is a member (or at least an attendee). These news stories were trying to call this at least a somewhat radical Church, obviously trying to create a moral equivalency to Obama's problems with the church he attended. You remember, the one with the America hating, anti-semite, racist, heresy preaching pastor? The problem is they are worlds apart.

Having seen some of the stories starting to pop up, I decided to check it out for myself. As a Palin supporter, I felt it to be my duty to make sure that there was nothing hinky going on up there. It was pretty easy, the Church website is www.wasillabible.org and they have the Sermons posted going all the way back to January of this year. I have listened to around ten of them so far, and while you might not have a 100% complete picture from that, you can get a pretty good idea. I did not find any political activism, or even and political talk in any of the Sermons I listened to. I didn't hear any radical talk, or any attempt to stir up trouble. What I did find was sound Bible teaching. I was quite impressed with this Pastor (Larry Kroon).

If my impression so far holds up, which I expect that it will, this is your average Bible believing, Christian Church. So, they can argue with Palin's stances on the issues, but when they attack her Church, they are attacking all Bible believing Christians everywhere. We need to make clear that this is off the table.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought the campaigns were supposed to be about the issues, not personal attacks. But since we have a Christian woman on one ticket, she is taking the brunt of scrutiny. We need to uphold her, and her church, in prayer. Thanks for your insight.

Love, Mom