Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Friday, September 26, 2008

30

I guess this is something of a monumental day, but honestly, I really don't feel any different than I did yesterday.  At the stroke of midnight, I didn't suddenly feel the shifting from one decade of life to the next.  To avoid any confusion, it's my birthday.  I am now 30 years old.  It is just a little odd to say that, since I'm no longer in my 20's, where I spent the last 10 years of my life.  I guess as long as I was still in my 20's there was some feeling that really, that's not so far past the teens, so, I was still young.  But let's face it, I'm still young... just not as young.

Of course, to my kids, I'm old, but hey, I can't blame them, I remember when I thought 3o was old, really, it wasn't that long ago.  

I was trying to think of what great milestone comes along with turning 30, and all I could come up with is that now I'm old enough to serve in the US Senate.  Of course, I could never run for office, I'm too blunt, and too honest for politics.  Couldn't you just see me (for those of you who know what I look like) looking some reporter right in the eye and saying, "Are you kidding me?  You're a freaking MORON!"  Or looking at an opponent during a debate of forum and saying, "That has got to be the most idiotic thing I've every heard, you pathetic little dummy."  Somehow, I can't see too many people voting for me.  So, that being the case, I guess there are no great milestones for me at 30, except to say... yup, I'm 30.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

30s are a good time - not too young and not too old. It doesn't seem that long ago that you were born and I remember the day very well. You have come a long way since then. Well done! You are definitely not the "yes" man they want in politics; I guess you get that from your Dad.

Love, Mom

Gary Durbin said...

welcome to the club. Thirty is the new Twenty, so they say. Happy Birthday.