Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Obama's Big Loss

I finally got around the watch the Presidential debate the from the other night. I thought it was pretty clear that McCain won the debate on the content, but admittedly, I could be a little biased, since I'm clearly supporting McCain/Palin in this election. Even so, I felt like McCain really had it together, much more than Obama, but, losing the debate proper wasn't really Obama's big loss of the night.

According to some of the people on the news, who claim to have inside information from some people in the Obama campaign, it was his goal for the debate to make McCain lose his temper during the course of the debate. I hadn't been sure if this was true or not, until watching the debate, and I could see that Obama was clearly trying to get under McCain's skin. He spent the whole night talking over Senator McCain, and trying to interrupt him, and saying things designed to get a rise out of McCain. The problem for Senator Obama is that McCain didn't bite.

It was a huge failure for Obama, but nobody seems to want to talk about it in the media. For the most part they will admit that McCain won the debate, but they don't seem to want to talk about the fact that Obama failed to get McCain to blow up.

For his part, McCain kept it very level, was ready to answer the questions that were asked and really had it all together. He behaved in a very Presidential manner, and showed that he can lead, and can very much be in command. For me, the debate really didn't tell me much of anything that I didn't already know, since I've been following all of this stuff quite closely, but I was impressed by how John McCain handled himself, and how on the ball he has was for all of the questions.

I guess the funny part of all of this for me is that the people on the Obama side keep wanting to point to McCain's age and say that he can't be up to being President because he's so old. But when you take a look at them both, every time you see McCain, he looks spry, on the ball, Presidential, and never tired. Obama on the other hand tends to looks haggard half the time. You can see that the campaign is taking quite a toll on him, and doesn't that make you wonder how exactly he's going to bear up under the pressures of the office of the President? Clearly McCain can handle that part of it with no problem, but if Obama can't even handle a campaign, I'd have to conclude that he can't handle the Presidency either.

The arrogance that Obama showed in the debate is certainly nothing new for him, but it did show through very clearly, and I hope that those who hadn't seen it before will have seen it now, and start to understand the nature of the man that they are considering voting for.

No comments: