Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Monday, September 15, 2008

Utterly Constant

I'm sure that a great many people are already really sick and tired of the constant barrage of media coverage of the Presidential election. I pay a lot of attention to politics, and this election is very important to me, and I'm getting sick and tired of it.

I'm sick of having to sift through the information and checking multiple sources and spending a lot of time pondering what is out there in order to figure out what the truth is. I'm sick of the majority of the media being in the tank for Obama, and acting as though we are too stupid to realize that they are trying to campaign for him instead of reporting news. I'm sick of Fox News flopping back and forth from side to side so you never know if you should believe them or not. I'm sick of the constant lies coming from the Obama campaign. I'm sick of Obama spouting Marxism and thinking that we are too stupid to see it for what it is. I'm sick of the McCain campaign putting out silly commercials that capitalize on non-issues. I'm sick of McCain's positions that are not good and not reasonable.

Also, I'm really sick of the media, all of it, telling us what we are supposed to think. I want them to report the news and stop telling me what it means, I can figure that part out on my own.

Above all though, I'm really sick of not having any intelligent debate about the issues. There seems to be no clear thinking out there. It's all about the cloudy, oh we don't know what to think, nonsense that just keeps people from being able to make intelligent choices. That is, of course, the way they want it, because they want to keep their ratings high, even if it means that the people can't actually get the information that they need. Of course, as I said before, at least some of the media is committed to getting Obama elected, so clouding the issues really works well for them, because, if things were seen clearing, virtually no one would vote for Obama.

And that's another problem, we live in a day and age where telling the truth is called racism, or some other such harsh name that no one wants to be labeled with. Think about it, just asking what exactly a community organizer is will get you called a racist. But what if you just want the answer to the question? Beyond that though, even if you already know, generally, what a community organizer is, it seems that you're not even allowed to ask what kinds of things Obama worked for in that capacity. You can't seem to get specifics on what he worked for, or what he supported, though, if his voting record is any indication, most people wouldn't be very happy with what they found out, which is probably why we can't get that information.

I'm just sick of it.

2 comments:

Gary Durbin said...

If I was your doctor, I would prescribe less media coverage and more John Wayne.

Matt W. said...

Truth be told, I watched 2 John Wayne movies last week...