Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Birthdays

Today is a big day, my Son turned 5 today. We will be having his party on Sunday. I called home from work this morning, on my way to our quarterly meeting, since I wasn't going to see him until this afternoon, and wished him a happy birthday, so I think he was pretty happy about that. He has also gotten a few more happy birthday phone calls throughout the day, which is pretty cool for a 5 year old.

It got me thinking back just a little bit though, when I was a kid, there was an older lady in our Church who would always call anyone in the Church on their birthday and sing "Happy Birthday" to them, either personally or on their answering machine if that's what she got. It was always a little fun. Sometimes you would forget that she was going to be calling and that made it a nice surprise, and then sometimes you would remember that it was coming and you would find yourself looking forward to it, and if it was a day that you were at school or work (depending on your age) you would make sure you checked the answering machine just to get your happy birthday wish as soon as you got home.

Five years old is such a big deal, especially when you're the five year old. I've got a pretty big one coming up this year myself, but it is still a few months away, so we won't worry about it just yet.

No comments: