Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A Quick Note

Apparently the despicable Morons at the Westboro Baptist Church in Kansas, you know, the ones who protest at military funerals, the ones with the web site telling why God hates pretty much everyone, except for them apparently, have announced intentions to protest at Tony Snow's funeral. I don't only find this disgusting because I had so much respect for the man, but also because these people are disgusting to begin with.

I looked at the web site, of course I couldn't stomach it for long, but you don't have to be there long to see them rejoicing about Tony Snow rotting in Hell, according to them, they know that's where he is. I don't know where he is, I hope he's in Heaven, and I think that there is certainly a good chance of that, but it's not my place to judge, I don't know what his exact personal religious beliefs were, and just knowing what church he attended doesn't give an absolute answer. When the Bible tells us not to judge, which a lot of people like to through around whenever you disapprove of behavior, is actually about judging someones eternal soul. We are forbidden from declaring that some is going, or has gone, to Hell, especially when there is no good evidence of it, as in this case.

I keep asking this question of myself, if I were to see these people protesting somewhere, and I ran them down with my car, would I be guilty of murder, or, since they are perverting Christianity, would I be fulfilling the Biblical demand to defend the Faith? I think there is a case to be made for that.

I just don't want to leave room for anyone to think that there is any level at which these people don't disgust me.

4 comments:

Gary Durbin said...

just for the record, I don't go to that church. Just in case you see me while you're driving.

Matt W. said...

Well, as long as I don't see you with a "Thank God for IED's" or "God Hates Fags" sign, you're probably pretty safe... :o)

Anonymous said...

I wonder if this crowd will protest an abortion clinic with the same zeal as a soldier's (or in this case, Tony Snow's) funeral. Somehow I doubt it.

Matt W. said...

Very true, fact of the matter is that, surprise surprise, Phelps (the so-called Pastor) is a life long democrat... hhhmmmmm....