Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Goodbye Sophia

I just wanted to take a minute today and say goodbye to Estelle Getty, best known for her role as Sophia on Golden Girls. I know, guys weren't supposed to watch that show, and if it hadn't been for her, I don't think I would have.

I know, this picture I chose isn't from the show, it's from the movie "Stop or my Mom Will Shoot" which she did with Stallone, and it's a great movie.

She was an outstanding actress, and will be deeply missed. Fortunately though, she will live on for a long, long time, in reruns of Golden Girls, and in the hearts of many people who spent so much time watching her land the best lines, week after week after week.

I don't have an awful lot to say today, but I thought it important to take a moment and pay tribute to Estelle Getty who passed away today, just 3 days shy of her 85th birthday.

1 comment:

Christinewjc said...

God bless her. She lived a long and successful life, entertaining us all with her great wit.

Shows like "The Golden Girls" were funny and entertaining. How nice it was that the show wasn't immoral or tawdry. Can't say that for many shows today.