Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Wonder That Is Alf

The other evening I was doing something in the living room, and had the TV on Fox News. Some story came on that was inappropriate for the kids, so I grabbed the remote and hit "guide" so that I could quickly find something to switch the channel to something that wouldn't be bad for the kids to see. I saw that Alf was on one of the nearby channels, and so, switched to it. While I was busy with other things the kids got quite involved with the furry little brown alien, and didn't want to get ready for bed, so I told them I would record the rest of the episode for them, so that they could watch it the next day. My daughter also asked me to see if any more episodes were going to be on. So I did, and there were two more on after that one, so I recorded them as well. After they watched those episodes, they started asking if there were any more. I did find a few episodes that will be on in a few days, so I'll record those.

It's funny that a show that was on all those years ago can still so captivate kids today, and it's a decent show that I don't really have to worry about, and honestly, I've enjoyed watching them as well. Admittedly it is kind of a silly show, but enjoyable none the less. It's nice to see some of the old sit-coms where they don't have to go for the sexual joke, or the cheap laugh, and yet it's still a very funny show. It's really too bad that more shows today can't follow the same formula.

1 comment:

Gary Durbin said...

I used to have an ALF poster when I was like 8 or 9. It said "ALF for President".