Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Olympics Are Back

When I was a kid, I really didn't care about the Olympics at all. I had no interest whatsoever in watching the games, or hearing news of them or anything. But four years ago, when the Summer Olympics were in Athens, something changed. I don't even know what that change was really, but suddenly I started to watch the various events. What's more, I really started to enjoy watching the games.

This year I have found myself really looking forward to the start of the Olympic Games, and they started right off with a bang. The USA took women's Fencing in a clean sweep, Gold, Silver and Bronze. Michael Phelps already has another Gold Medal, and a new World Record for swimming. All this, and the games are just getting started.

Of course, there is also the fact that a family member of the men's indoor volleyball coach was murdered, which is certainly not a good start to the games for him. My heart really goes out to that family. What should have been the wonder of a lifetime will forever be transformed into a nightmare.

I also find myself thinking about the huge House Church movement in China, with millions turning to Christ, and the ranks Chinese Christians growing by leaps and bounds. This is very exciting to me, and I praise God for it. In fact I have been thinking about this a lot, and am sure that I will give this topic it's very own post in the very near future.

Hope everyone enjoys the Olympics this year.

No comments: