Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Plugs, We Wish We'd Never Known Thee

I wish I could say I'd come up with the nickname "Plugs" for Senator Joe Biden, but that honor goes to Mark Levin. Anyway, I think all bald or balding men, should be deeply offended that this loser thinks he's too good for hair loss, and thus had to have some hair from his unmentionable regions stuck into his scalp, but I'll leave the obvious implication of that alone.

Plugs was a great Democratic VP choice... from McCain's perspective. So the Democrats have put up the most liberal, least experienced Senator in the US Senate, and he has chosen the dumbest Senator in the US Senate to stand beside him. It's quite remarkable really.

This was a really bad choice on so many levels. Obama wants to run on the idea that old time politics isn't going to work anymore, so he picks, as his running mate, someone who has been in that system, which he says has failed, for over thirty years. Obama doesn't want people to think that he's not experienced enough to be President, of course he's not, and I don't just mean political experience, he also doesn't have any qualifying life experience, and he picks someone who has been in the Senate for over thirty years, and whose "experience" they are going to push hard, don't they realize that this is going to serve only to serve as stark contrast, and remind everyone that Obama has no experience of his own?

Where it is not a contrast, however, is another discrepancy. Obama talks about representing everyone, and wants to push diversity, and yet he, the number one most liberal Senator, has selected the number three most liberal Senator. I really feel included, don't you?

There was never a time when it was appropriate for the Obama camp to make McCains age an issue, but they have been doing so, and by selecting Plugs they have taken that option away from themselves.

And was it really best for Plugs to start the whole thing off with a lie? Remember the "I'm not the guy," declaration?

Of course, just because Obama made a horrendous choice for his campaign (Obama himself is already a horrendous choice for America) doesn't mean that McCain will do any better. They have been talking a lot about the options that he is supposed to be considering, and frankly, most of them I wouldn't give a passing grade to either. I guess I'll have to wait and see on that front.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget that there are apparently a lot of dumb people in this country and they are falling for what Obama and his camp are saying. They don't pay any attention to the double talk either; they are ready to be duped because they want "change". Now it will be hard to look at Biden without snickering or upchucking!!

Love, Mom

Gary Durbin said...

I'm committed to shaving my head if I ever hit the hair loss stage of life. I couldn't do the plugs.

Matt W. said...

I can't see spending the money. I think though, that you're probably going to have your hair a lot longer than I have mine.