Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Am I THAT Boring?

So, the other night at bedtime, I was talking to my wife, and somehow or other something came up that made me mention Calvinism. My wife said, "Ok, I don't know what that is." So I started giving her the basic, brief outline of what Calvinism is. Not too bad so far.

I gave a brief explanation of the Total Depravity of Man, asked if she understood, and she said, yes, she got that one.

I went on to Unconditional Election, asked if she understood, and she said that she also understood that point.

So I went on to the Limited Atonement, and asked if she understood... silence. I asked again... still silence.

I said, "You're asleep aren't you?"

Again, silence.

Can you believe that someone would fall asleep during an explanation of Calvinism? Am I really that boring? Or was she just really that tired?

3 comments:

Gary Durbin said...

She must not have felt too spiritual that night.

Captain Senseless said...

Calvinism? Oh yeah, thats the one about the kid with the imaginary tiger right?

Matt W. said...

Actually, yes, the comic strip character is, in fact, named after John Calvin... strange as that seems.