Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Those Government Dollars

I can't believe that we're still hearing this. When I was a kid I remember morons on the news talking about Government dollars being spent on this or that, and I remember my Mom and Dad getting a little disgusted and saying that there are no such thing as Government dollars. The Government gets all it's money from the people. So when they say "Government Dollars" what they mean is "Taxpayer Dollars," that is to say, our money.

I understand what they are doing, they are engaging in spin, trying to make it not sound so bad that they are spending our money like drunken sailors. I guess what really gets me is that they still seem to think that we are too stupid to realize that this is what is going on. Pretty much everyone now understands that the Government only gets money by taking it from the people, this is called taxes, and some level of taxation is fully legitimate, but things like buying banks and bailing out car companies, are not a legitimate use of our money. The people who write the news understand this, and being liberals themselves they support big intrusive Government which goes well outside of it's legitimate bounds, they want to make it sound better, so they say Government Dollars instead of, your money.

Like I said, I understand what they are doing, but it still disgusts me.

No comments: