Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Dishes

I'm procrastinating.

I need to wash the dishes.

I had some other stuff to do this morning, but I've been home for quite a while now... so why haven't I finished them?

I'm tired, but that's nothing new.

I did put all the clean dishes away.

I loaded the dishwasher and now it's running, so that only leaves a few pots and pans.

(A few minutes later) Now I have the sink full of hot soapy water, and the Crock Pot insert is soaking so I can scrub off the roast I cooked in there yesterday.

And yet, instead of scrubbing pans, I'm still procrastinating.

(A few minutes after that) Well, the Crock Pot insert and lid are nice and clean... what should I wash next?

(Yet later still) There now all the dishes are done... except that stoneware pan, I don't have anywhere to put it, but that's ok, once the other stuff dries, I'll go ahead and clean that up, it'll only take a few minutes... if I can get to it, and don't procrastinate... but I wouldn't do that... would I?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Procrastination - sounds like an inherited trait.

Love, Mom