Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Our New President

It's now official, we have a new President as Barack Obama took the oath of office today. I thought it would be an appropriate time to share a few thoughts on this.

First, a lot of Christians seem to be asking other Christians, especially those like me who have made our feelings clear, if we plan to pray for our new President. While I can't speak for anyone else, what I can say is that, of course I'll pray for him. I'll pray that God keeps him safe and guides his steps, and that he will preside over the Government during a great time for the USA.

Second, I also keep hearing people ask if we want President Obama to succeed. Well, I have to ask what exactly is meant by that question. Do I want the Country to be successful while Barack Obama is President, even if it means that he gets the credit for it? Of course I do, even though I understand that Obama will be seen as a successful President regardless of if he is or not, I still want the Country to do well. If the question is, do I want Obama to be successful in bringing about all the things that he talked about in his campaign, then my answer has to be no, I am still diametrically opposed to his ideology and philosophy, if I weren't, I probably would have voted for him. If the question is, do I want him to fulfill God's plan for our Nation, be it for good or for ill (from our perspective), then again, the answer would be, of course.

Furthermore, I am sick and tired of hearing how Obama will do such a great job, and we just need to give him a chance, especially from the same people who never gave George W. Bush a chance, or the benefit of the doubt, a single day in the entire eight years that he was President. Given Obamas' stated intentions during the campaign, we cannot afford to give him a chance, it's just that we don't have a choice now.

I am also disgusted by the people who couldn't seem to spend enough time downing President Bush about the cost of his second Inauguration ($43 Million) and yet have not uttered a word about President Obama and the cost of his ($173 Million).

I'm also wondering why every time I type Barack or Obama blogger underlines them in red as though I've misspelled a word, I think it's time to get that taken care of.

I did not watch the inauguration today, understanding that I will probably see it and hear it 100,000,000 times over the course of the next few days, pretty much everywhere I look, but I kinda have to kick myself, not that I wanted to see it, but because I was at the school, and should have gone and watched it with my daughters' class, but didn't think of it in time.

Also, regardless of how much I disagree with Barack Obama on the issues, he is still my President, and if some schmuck ever throws a shoe at him, I'm going to be seriously ticked. I certainly won't laugh about it like those butt heads in the media did about that guy throwing his shoes at President Bush.

No comments: