Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Some Random Thoughts

OK, being that tonight is the night that we flop our clocks forward by an hour again, I think that I have to open up today by saying once again just how much I can't stand this entire concept of time change. I still think that it's utterly ridiculous, it's just outrageously annoying. I'm not complaining that I have an hour shorter shift at work, but it does mean that I have to use an hour of vacation time if I want to keep my normal paycheck. I guess though, that I should consider myself one of the least affected people by it at this point, since most everyone else will be losing an hour of sleep, and I'll be shortening my work day, so maybe I shouldn't complain too much.

My wife took our daughter to a "Kids in the Kitchen" class this morning, where the kids got to learn something about nutrition and cooking and such, and she had a really great time.

At the same time, my Father-in-law took my son fishing for the first time ever, and he had a blast too. I got up this afternoon and stumbled to the bathroom, and he couldn't wait for me to finish, he came bursting in and said, "Daddy, Daddy, I caught TWO Fish!!" As someone who had never gone fishing, I can't say that I know anything about it, but I'm glad that he enjoyed it and had a great time. I'm glad that he enjoys outdoor stuff, and I need to get myself to doing more outdoor stuff with him, because I'm not much of an outdoor type person, but I do think that it is a more healthy way to be.

Just to share, I have always liked http://www.blueletterbible.org/ which I still do, it is a great web site for looking up Bible verses an such, but if you would like something different, I have also discovered (much like Columbus discovered America even though there were already people living here, and other explorers got here first) another great site, http://www.biblegateway.com/ which has a few versions that Blue Letter Bible doesn't, and it's easier to copy and paste from than BLB is. Don't get me wrong, I still like Blue Letter Bible, but I'm happy for the new resource as well, and plan to go on using both of them in the future.

I still find myself amused by all the people who are supposed to be experts who are telling us that either Hillary made a huge comeback and will get the nomination, or she is still done and out of it, and didn't win Texas and Ohio by enough, and Obama now has it in the bag. The fact of the matter is that they just don't know. I don't know what's going to happen, and neither does anyone else. Of course, they keep spouting off enough possibilities, and no matter what happens they will be able to say that they said that this could happen. Of course they did, because they basically, at one time or another, put forth nearly every conceivable outcome. The truth is that they don't actually know what is going to happen any more than you or I do.

On the subject of elections, there is still a great deal of debate over the DNC's decision to exclude Florida and Michigan from their Convention because the State Governments violated Party rules by having their primary contests too early. If you've read here in the past, you will know that I feel that this is an outrageous thing for them to do. For one, I don't like the way the entire Presidential Primary system is set up to begin with, but that's a discussion for another day, but beyond that, the decision to move up the Primary was made by the State Governments, not the voters. The voters had no choice but to go to the polls on the day that we were told that they were open to us, or skip voting entirely. As for the Democrats in Florida, they had record turnout, so those results should stand, and the delegates should be seated, based on the January 29th Primary. To take a second vote would be to try to rig the election in Obama's favor, and is a monumentally stupid idea. As for Michigan, Obama made the decision to remove himself from the ballot, and therefore should have to suffer the consequences, and those delegates should be seated as well. The people showed up when they were supposed to, and did what they were supposed to do, and should not be punished for it, and certainly should not be ignored. The Dems always make such a big deal out of "every vote must count" and then they want to completely ignore two entire states because their little feelings got hurt. On the GOP side, it's pretty much a moot point, however, the entire Florida and Michigan delegations should be seated at our convention as well.

I guess that's all the random thoughts for today. Have a good one.

No comments: