Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Saturday, October 25, 2008

A Hard Fought Campaign

Last night when I went outside to leave for work I noticed that one of my John McCain yard signs was partially knocked down (I have two, it was the one that just says "McCain" my "McCain/Palin" sign was untouched). I put my stuff in the car and walked over to fix it. While I was adjusting it my neighbor came over and said that two black kids were going by and one started hitting it with a stick he was carrying, so my neighbor ran them off, then chased them down on his bike and took a picture of them. So far they've not come back and the signs haven't been molested again.

We talked for a few minutes, and he asked if I had noticed that I'm the only one in our area with McCain signs out, and I said yeah, that's a little discouraging, and he said, "Well, you're certainly not the only McCain supporter around here, it's just that everyone else is too scared to put the signs out, partly because of what just happened here."

What a sad commentary that is, when you can't even engage in a political campaign out of fear for your own physical well being. Is this the United States of America, or some third world banana republic?

No comments: