Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas

Hope all of you have had a wonderful Christmas, spending time with family and friends, opening gifts, having tons of great food, and most importantly, remembering that we are celebrating the birth of Christ.

Living in Florida we don't have much of a chance of a white Christmas, but being in PA visiting family this year, we at least had a shot. Of course, Saturday there was plenty of snow, and the kids had a great time playing in it and going sledding and such, but since then it has pretty well melted, so we kind of had a patchy white Christmas, but that's OK, we still had a wonderful time.

Last night while I was tucking my Son in for bed he asked me to tell him "The Night Before Christmas" which I only vaguely remember, so I started to tell him, then I made up the rest, I called it the abridged version, but he was happy none the less. While I was finishing that up my niece came in and asked if I could tell her a story too, and she wanted it to have a pony in it, so I told her that I would do her one better, I would tell her a story that really happened, and it would have a donkey in it. So I told them the Christmas Story, all about Jesus being born in Bethlehem so long ago. Both of them loved it.

This morning we all got up and we gave the kids their stockings, which they loved, and then we had breakfast before moving on to the rest of the gifts. My daughter, who is 8, prayed before the meal, and she thanked God for sending his only Son to be born so that he could die for her sins. How awesome is that? My 4 year old son also made sure to say Happy Birthday to Jesus before he opened his presents.

We had a great Christmas meal with family, Roast Beef (tender and falling apart just as it should be) and a Ham (lovingly butchered and smoked at a local butchers) and quite a bit of other wonderful fare. The kids played and a great time was had by all. I only hope and pray that we can all say the same.

Merry Christmas to all!!!!

No comments: