Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Thursday, August 30, 2007

The Results Are In

The results are in, and the vote is unanimous! All 5 participants in my Poll fell that President Bush has not committed any impeachable offenses. This survey includes responses from approximately .00000167% of the American population. I've seen some pretty wild headlines based on studies with groups not much larger than that, but I digress.

The truth is that, like him or not, President Bush has not committed any impeachable offenses... so far as we know. That is to say that all of the things that we hear murmurings about, that some Congressmen have implied that they might start impeachment hearings about, are not impeachable offenses.

So, what is an impeachable offense? The Constitution defines this way "High Crimes and Misdemeanors." In other words, an actual crime, not just something that someone else doesn't like.

This is pretty simple really, but I left the poll up there for so long, I wanted to address it. Now, please vote in my new poll... as soon as I think of one.

No comments: