Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Sunday, September 2, 2007

Eating Crow?


There was a report in the paper the other day that Florida Governor Charlie Crist is taking a serious look at the possibility of taking legal action against the insurance companies that have dealt a worse blow to most Floridians than the Hurricanes themselves. I know I discussed this in a post a couple of months ago or so, but to recap, insurance companies in Florida have either pulled out of the state completely, or dropped a huge amount of policies, or increased rates to the point that most people are paying more for homeowners insurance than they are for their mortgages. It really has reached outrageous levels.


As happy as I am with this news, it does present something of a problem for me, as it means that I might have to take back some of the things I've said about our esteemed Governor... But hey, really, if he succeeds in doing something about this mess, I'll be more than happy to do so.


I won't say that I'm totally optimistic, 'cause I've seen so many of these things not work out in the past, but I am glad that he is at least making the effort, and taking a stand for Floridians, who desperately need the help.

No comments: