Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

"A" is for Murder

Today I just want to share what I think about an issue that is very polarized, and about which there can be very little middle ground. From the title of this post, it's not really a secret what my position is. Of course, I'm talking about abortion. My belief is that abortion is murder, and my reasoning is very simple. The baby is alive, and innocent, and "terminating" the pregnancy is nothing short of murder. I have heard many arguments from both sides during my life, but for me it all comes down to this one very simple fact, an innocent human life should be protected at all costs. I know that there are a lot of people who will look at this and say that they could agree except where the life of the mother in danger, or there is rape involved, but I would say that I could only see it as an option when the mothers life is in imminent danger, and the baby is not old enough to live outside of the mother, as for rape, as horrible as it is, the baby is not guilty of anything, and should not be subject to execution for the mans crime, I mean, honestly, even the rapist won't be executed for it, and he really is guilty of it. The thing that I can't even comprehend is how anyone can take the position that a baby that is old enough to live outside of the mother should be subject to murder, for any reason. For the moment this is all I have to say, but there is a very good chance that I will revisit this issue in the future.

No comments: