Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Monday, June 11, 2007

Driving


So, what's with all the crazy drivers? I know, this is a question that we have all asked about a thousand times, and with good reason. Today I saw someone cross four lanes of traffic, all in one shot, and I'm talking about busy traffic too, not some abandoned road that no one uses. Apparently his turn signal wasn't working, as he did stick his arm out of the window to signal, which is pretty rare, but at the same time, he showed no regard for any of the other cars on the road as he shot across the road to get into his desired lane. I kind of held my breath, and thanked God that he made it without causing an accident. My daughter is a crazy driver, but she is seven, and can only drive in video games, so I guess that is OK. Of course, I would like to say that bad driving is a condition of age, either the young and inexperienced, or the ones that are too old, and can't react in time, but, even though those are two high risk categories, it's not a matter of certainty at all. For instance, the guy today was probably in his forties. My most memorable times that I've almost been killed by other drivers, it has been elderly people, who had no idea that anything happened at all, fortunately I was paying attention to what I was doing. I guess I've been rambling here today, not much of an over all point to make, other than, I guess, be on your guard and be careful.

No comments: