Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Saturday, November 3, 2007

Down With DST

Is it only me, or is there anyone else who is sick and tired of Daylight
Savings Time?

I've been told that there was a time when it was truly necessary in
order to keep our country functioning. Something about the farmers
needing more time in the daylight to get their work done. I'm not sure
how many farmers you have known that rely on the clock, but in my
experience, a farmer will adjust his schedule around that sunlight, not
the other way around.

But, be that as it may, even if there was a time when this was
necessary, it was long ago. Now it is nothing more than an annoyance.
We need to get rid of it. Pick one and leave it there, I don't even
care which.

Tonight, for example, the conversion from Eastern Daylight Time to
Eastern Standard Time will turn my (plenty long enough on it's own) 12 hour shift into a 13 hour shift. However, that's not the worst part, in the Spring, when it goes back to Daylight time, I'll lose an hour of pay, since it will only be an 11 hour shift... And that is overtime!

Try as I may, I fail to see any benefit to the current system. I would
like to see it abolished in favor of simply staying on Standard Time,
and forget about all the time change nonsense... Maybe we can start a
movement, how about, "Americans for year around clock consistency."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sign me up to abolish the change. It is tough remembering to change the clocks.
Love, Mom