Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Monday, May 21, 2007

My First Blog


Well, I guess I should start by saying that this is the first blog I've ever done. I decided to call this blog "Thoughts, Commentary, and other various ramblings" because I am quite likely to use it for a wide variety of topics. Some days I might want to talk about politics, some days it might be faith or religion, and other times, it could be family, or just anything else that happens to pop into my head at any given time. A little bit about myself: I am a Christian husband and father living on Florida's sunny Space Coast. Politically I consider myself a free thinking conservative. I think that the free thinking part of the label is likely the most important part, as I don't automatically fall in line with whatever the current conservative field has declared to be it's position. Sometimes I feel very strongly about the positions that I put forth, and sometimes I just like to toss things out there to see how they sound once they have been said out loud, and also to see what other people might think of them. I welcome open, honest, intelligent debate, and despise personal attacks because someone disagrees with a certain point of view. Also, I hope that no one feels the need to tell me that what I have said is just my opinion. I think that should go without saying, since this is my blog, it would be pretty silly for me to give you someone else's opinion. I hope that whomever decides to read this blog finds it to be fun to read, and at times, thought provoking. I welcome any comments from anyone with any point of view, I just ask that it be kept civil, and avoid personal attacks, because that just isn't right.

1 comment:

Gary Durbin said...

Cool. I look forward to frequenting your blog. I am a fellow blogger.