Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Friday, April 3, 2009

Scary Stuff Back Home

It's very strange to sit here in Florida and watch a situation unfolding in an area that I know so well, a thousand miles away.

I don't know that I was ever in the American Civic Association in Binghamton, NY, but I know right where it is, and I've driven by it easily hundreds of times.

It's strange to see units from Superior Ambulance on the national news, being that I myself was once and EMT with Superior Ambulance Service there in Binghamton. I could sit in my living room, listening to the updates and watching the pictures and videos coming in to the Fox News Channel, and being able to identify the different Ambulance and law enforcement agencies, and seeing so much that is so familiar.

At the same time I was getting emails from my Mom, since she could go into the conference room at work and see the Emergency vehicles at the scene of this shooting, and the office told them all to stay put in the office until they were told what was going on.

My heart really goes out to the people in Binghamton, and the families involved specifically. While I'm thanking God that it's finally over, for the families of all those slain, and all those wounded and their families also, it will never be completely over.

At this point we still don't know why this man felt that he needed to do such a thing as this.

I'm sure that it will be tough for the Civic Center to get back to normal operations after such a horrific event, and yet, this was an organization that did such important work in trying to help people who have come to the US from around the world to make a better life, and help them to adapt to American Society, and have helped many people over the years to become citizens of our great Nation.

For all of those impacted by the horrific events of this day, you are in my prayers.

No comments: