Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Back To Work

Timing wasn't so great, with the plant shutting down last week, and my wife and kids being on Spring Break this week, but, at least with the bizarre schedule that I'm on, I had Monday and Tuesday off to spend with them.

On Monday we went to see "Monsters Vs. Aliens" which was a fun movie, the kids really enjoyed it, and at least they didn't pick up on the subtle leftist jabs sprinkled throughout it.

After the movie we went to lunch at Chili's (had a gift card) and then to the park. The kids played on the playground, and had a great time doing it, then we decided to go for a bit of a drive, which at least we, as adults enjoyed, even if the kids did get a little bored.

Then home for a simple dinner and a quiet evening, which we don't get very often.

While we were trying to decide what to do on Tuesday, we, of course, were taking price into consideration, and my wife found that Gatorland in Orlando was having some special prices for Florida residents, so it wouldn't cost us all that much to go.

So Tuesday morning we set out for Orlando. Let me just say, if you've never had the chance to go to Gatorland, you should check it out, if you get the chance.

We watched a couple of neat shows, and saw a bunch really cool stuff, and lots and lots of gators... and some crocs too. Lunch consisted of frozen chocolate covered bananas, and everyone had a great time.

On the way home we went through Kissimmee and ate at Ponderosa Steakhouse, which we had not been to since leaving New York State nearly 9 years ago. I won't say it was the best dinner ever, but it was pretty good, and kinda fun to revisit old times, and the kids enjoyed it too, while we enjoyed that kids 5 and under are free, so we did have to pay for our youngest.

In all, we had a great couple of days. I have made it my policy not to post pictures of my kids on my blog, but if you know me personally, and we are, or can be, friends on Facebook, I've put quite a few more pictures there, including the family at Gatorland.

No comments: