Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Thursday, June 26, 2008

God's Provision

Tuesday, I was working an overtime shift, so I finished up at work and headed for home around 5PM. On my way home I noticed that the "Check Oil" light had come on. This took me back a little bit because I just had the oil changed about two weeks ago, and had only driven around 120 miles since then, and, despite being 13 years old, and having 120,000 miles on it, this car has never used any oil.

When I got home I parked in the driveway (usually I park in the front yard, so as not to block the carport) and let it cool, then checked the oil. I found just the tip of the dipstick to be wet. So I moved the car back into the yard, and then went down to Wal-Mart in the van to get some oil. Then, yesterday morning I put two quarts of oil in it and went down to Wal-Mart to see if it was something they had done at the oil change that caused this. Actually, I had hoped that that was all it was so that it would be a really easy quick fix that they could take care of right there and everything would be done.

When I got to Wal-Mart the shop manager happened to be coming outside, and he knows me because this is the store that my wife and I both used to work at, and my Father-in-law worked with these guys out in the shop for awhile, so I told him what had happened, and he took it right in and looked at it. It wasn't anything that they had done, but he showed me where the oil was coming from, and topped it off for me, and told me what he thought the problem was. So I called my wife at work to tell her what we had found. So she called her dad, and he in turn called his former boss at Wal-Mart to figure out just exactly what we had seen. So, when he got out of work, he stopped at the auto parts store and got the part they thought it was (Thank God it was a $7 part) and came over to take a look.

It did appear to be the part that he had picked up, and only took him a minute to change it out, and we topped off the oil again, so I was able to take the car to work, which was good, since my wife needs to leave for work before I get home in the morning, so, me taking the van to work would be problematic at best.

When we saw the oil coming out at the shop yesterday morning, I was thinking, great, this is going to be a huge job and a huge expense, but God sure knew better than I did.

I just wanted to take a moment and share this with you all, and say, thank God. And yes, I did thank my father-in-law also.

Praise the Lord!

1 comment:

Gary Durbin said...

Our speaker talked heavily about God's provision yesterday. We sang "It is Well" and I thought about you. He said that trusting God is believing that God sees to the need. Great post. I'm glad it all worked out. Everything is spiritual when we are aware of God's presence.