Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Sunday, October 7, 2007

For Dad


Today would have been my dad's 74th birthday, but he's been gone for almost two years now. I'm not sad about this. Oh, don't get me wrong, I miss him terribly. I miss being able to talk to him on the phone, and sometimes, just hearing his voice. I miss how excited he would get over the little things. Well, things that might be little to you or me, but to a man in his 70's, with almost more health problems than you could count, taking 5 or 6 steps, or making dinner for Mom, were things to rejoice in, and to Praise God for, and believe me, he did.


But as much as I miss dad, I'm not sad. You see, I know right where dad is, and I don't mean his grave, because, you see, he's not there. Sure, his body is, and probably enough old wires from the old pacemakers to set off a metal detector, but my dad isn't there. My dad is in Heaven. It's where he lives now.


I know all of this because God blessed me with a Dad and a Mom who cared enough to take me to Church, and to tell me about Jesus. I learned a lot in Churches growing up, but not as much as I learned from asking mom and dad questions, and discussing things with them in order to gain a better understanding.


So, while I can't give dad a birthday present this year, what I can do is reflect on the wonderful gift of God that my dad shared with me.

1 comment: