Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Monday, August 9, 2010

Some Thoughts

Lately I have been spending some time thinking about what might be helpful and useful for me to post on my blog. While it has taken me some time to get my thoughts together, and I have not posted in some time, I do still think that there are some topics that I could cover in such as way as to be helpful to those who might read them. I hope that this is true, and I do intend to start keeping my blog updated better than I have been doing recently, but I guess time will tell.

I hope to spend some time in the near future laying out some of the basics of the Christian faith, in an understandable and unvarnished way. That is to say, I intend to share the true teaching of the Bible and not the human teachings that have crept in over the years, and especially the uniquely American perversions that are so rank in so much Bible teaching today. It is my hope that in so doing I might help some people who think that they have rejected Christianity to see that it is not Christianity that they have rejected, but the perversions that I too would soundly reject. And for those who continue to reject, at least they may more fully understand what it is that they are rejecting.

I pray that God may grant that I might be able to lay things out in a clear and pure manner, and cast off the shackles of human influence that so corrupts the understanding of Biblical truth in the minds of far too many people today.

1 comment:

Gary Durbin said...

cool. look forward to it.